Help Center
Pay Bill

Find Answers to Your Questions

We make paying your bill easier by providing several ways to pay online. Click Your Bill to find out how. The Help Center makes the most commonly searched information available with one click.

West Sound Utility District is a special purpose district which provides water and sanitary sewer service to residential and commercial properties south and east of the City of Port Orchard, WA.

WSUD Frequently Asked Questions

WSUD Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What should I do to establish a new service?

    If you are a tenant: Either the tenant or the property owner/manager can call to start utility service. Property owners are provided with copies of tenant billings.

    If you have just purchased property: Please call WSUD Customer Service (360 876-2545) with your name, telephone number and billing address. We will start a new account in the buyers name according to the date provided by the title company on the closing estimate payment. Generally title companies request a closing estimate on property being sold. The estimate is paid by the title company out of closing costs. Please note that, if possible, we will not transfer ownership of property until all unpaid balances are paid. If transfer of ownership was to take place with an unpaid account balance, the balance then becomes the responsibility of the new property owner.

  2. What should I do to close an existing service?

    If you are a tenant: Tenants must contact WSUD Customer Service to close out their account. Once the account balance is paid, the tenant’s name will be removed from the account.

    If you are a property owner: Your title company will request a closing estimate of the final billing. If no title company will be used, the utility service will continue to be billed in the seller’s name until required information is received and any unpaid account balance is paid.

  3. How much notice is needed to set up new service?

    In the majority of instances, new service accounts can be set up over the phone with name, number and billing address. If the account is in good standing, the water is already on.

  4. How many gallons did I use?

    Our meters are read in cubic feet. To convert to gallons, multiply the total cubic feet used by 7.48 which will give you a total in gallons.

  5. How often do you bill?

    Residential services are billed on a bi-monthly basis and Commercial services are billed monthly.

  6. What is the adjustment that appears on my bill?

    Fees and penalties are billed under the adjustment category.

  7. Can I make payment arrangements?

    Generally, WSUD will not make payment arrangements, although under certain circumstances the District will work with our customers to assure that their balances get paid.

  8. Why is my bill so high?

    Bills charge according to water usage, which fluctuates from month to month. Many customers increase their water consumption in the summer months by watering gardens and lawns, washing cars, filling swimming pools, etc. Otherwise, a drastic increase in consumption could be an indication that a problem at a property exists and homeowners should inspect for leaks by checking all plumbing, fixtures and water appliances.

  9. How do I check for leaks?

    Faucets – check all faucets and piping for leaks by monitoring for drips of water under sinks and from exposed pipes. Perform an inspection with the water on and off, as some leaks only occur when the water is on.

    Toilets – add a few drops of food coloring in the toilet tank. If the food coloring appears in the toilet bowl, this means you have a leak. Some toilet leaks are intermittent, so you may not always see or hear the water running.

    Basements – check plumbing in the basements by monitoring for drips of water coming from exposed pipes.

  10. Why is my water off?

    Occasional service interruptions are necessary for various reasons, such as flushing, main maintenance, main breaks and hydrant repair/replacement. Customers are provided, at minimum, with a 24-hour notice of scheduled service interruptions. Weather cold enough to freeze meters can also cause interruption of service. Non-payment of bills will result in interruption of service until the past due balance is paid in full.